Tuesday 23 September 2014

Army officers arrest soldier for cutting pastor’s hair


An overzealous soldier yesterday was arrested on guard at the Alegbor Check-point by the Nigerian Army, 3 Battalion Effurun, Delta State for violently cutting the hair of General Overseer and Founder, Tower of Faith Ministries, Rev. Felix Omas.
It was gathered that the manner in which the clergy man was humiliated, infuriated the 3 Battalion’s command who promptly arrested and detained the soldier with promise to charge him for improper conduct.
At the Warri NUJ Secretariat, the molested victim, Rev Omas narrated his ordeal almost in tears. He said, “I was driving in my SUV but due to the traffic situation, I boarded a tricycle. The soldiers stopped our Keke as we were coming from Alegbor, forcibly seated me on the ground as one of them pulled a scissors and stroke three ugly cuts on my hair, saying my hair style violates their rules.”

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.na wah oh. Some soldiers overuse their security powers. This is way overboard.

    ReplyDelete