Sunday 27 July 2014

OUR EYES ARE WIDE OPEN YET WE CAN'T SEE



If I say Nigeria has not grown, I would be challenged by portraying pictures of how, I had refused to look at the brighter side. Pointing at the boost in telecommunications, improved road networks, our achievements in sports etc..
Listening to such examples, one would actually begin to think that they are right while I am pronounced the bad guy. Only the wise would acknowledge the fact that, these little things we hold on to, is just a mere cup of water from an ocean.

They claim they've built roads, yet it can hardly stand the test of our vehicles talk less of time. Soon, it returns back to the state it was before construction, if not worst.

They talk about telecommunications and my heart sinks, knowing truly well that,’’ most of us have our eyes wide open yet we can't see’’.
Nigeria, can hardly boast of a working self owned telephoning company. The ones we have are either grounded or dormant. We live at the mercies of international firms, who are quick to increase their charges at the slightest of opportunity. Who would blame them?, they say the cost in powering their facilities are actually baffling due to lack of, sufficient power supply. So they charge more in order to make profits.

This brings us to electricity. The thought of it, leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I can't remember the last time, I have had light for at least 12 hours. Yet we parade ourselves, as the giant of Africa when, we can hardly use our resources to better our lives.

How about employment level, security, fuel price, transportation ,etc. How are we as a country faring in these regard. I am convinced without any form of hesitation, we would be graded  F.

I love this country so much and I believe, it has the resources to be one of  the best countries in the world, if only, we can come together and stand for what is right.

We deserve more,
We deserve better,
And if by any means,
We are deprived of what we deserve,
It is our right to cry out,
Until that, which rightly belongs to us,
Are given selflessly,
With some virtues of,
Good leadership.
Then and only then,
 Shall I beat my chest and say,
Nigeria has truly grown without any,
 Atom of doubt.




1 comment: